WIRSA © 2014
WIRSA School of the Month!!!
UW-Green Bay is honored to be selected as the first ever WIRSA school of the month! It has been a great year here in the frozen tundra, as we are celebrating our 50th year as a University Institution. Below are our highlights:
1. Meet our Interim Fitness Coordinator, Sam Goeller. Sam began her role with us in October and helped fill a huge hole for our department, which had been vacated for over one year. Sam was an under-grad from UW-Milwaukee, she has been a great addition!
2. Program numbers and participation in the area of intramurals continue to be on the rise.
3. The climbing wall just recently saw a boost in participation the previous semester and set a record high in climbers for a single semester with almost 1,200 climbers.
4. Events such as; Canoe Battleship and the end of the year Softball Tournament and Cookout remain the year’s biggest hits for UW-Green Bay students.
5. Campus has built a new outdoor space, Phoenix Park, for activity’s that includes two sand volleyball courts, an outdoor stage area with some additional green space for recreation.
6. At the beginning of the academic year our department teamed up with UW-Stevens Point and Ed Richmond. This collaboration was unique and benefited both Institution’s. Ed came to Green Bay and ran a team building exercise for our Supervisor Training Day and also led us all on a beautiful canoe trip down the Oconto River. In return, Casey Pivonka, led UW-SP’s intramural official’s in a basketball training and is planning to lead a flag football training this coming March.
7. The Kress Event Center reached our one millionth student user this past November since the opening of our new building in 2007.
UW-Green Bay is thrilled to act as the host site for the events of WIRSA State Basketball Tournament and the State Club Volleyball Tournament, both occurring this February.
The coolest thing about UW-Green Bay is our unique location on the bay of Green Bay. Our campus is nestled on almost 800 acres and features 6 miles of gorgeous running and biking trails with a 9 hole golf course in the center. In 2014, we were recognized as one of the top 20 recreation facilities by “Best Value Schools. Lastly, we are proud to be official partners of the Green Bay Packers!
Thank you all for everything you do!
Student Engagement Coordinator
Professional Engagement Coordinator